Based in France or Europe (Norway, Denmark, Germany…) Leading provider of smart network solutions, combining satellite communications, terrestrial telecoms and digital solutions, we help our clients run their operations in a more profitable and sustainable way through IT/OT, IoT and Cyber Security solutions.
Following exciting R&D projects, we are now going to market a solution in order to help our clients optimise their voyage planning, cargo handling, logistics value chain and industrial asset management . Our objective is to help them enhance their performance from an ecological and economical perspective.
Our digital/ IoT team, which is operating within a startup atmosphere whilst belonging to a large group, works in collaboration with the largest maritime freighting companies globally (Americas, Europe, APAC & Middle East).
Hence, we are seeking a Product Manager passionate about both IoT technologies and Data who is ambitious and thrilled about contributing to an ever changing technology. All of these within a startup environment which is at the very start of a much bigger chapter!
🎯 Enriching mission:
As a Product Manager, you belong to the IoT & Digital Business Acceleration BU and your ultimate goal is to contribute to the business’ growth which is expected to experience a considerable and ambitious pace. In fact, we are planning on becoming THE IoT reference within the maritime industry.
Your role and responsibilities include a portfolio management composed of diverse maritime IoT services as well as piloting projects in co-creation with key customers and industrial actors.
Hence, your daily responsibilities cover:
- Manage a portfolio of IoT services (incl. analytics) aiming at supporting the maritime industry to operate their assets more efficiently and in a greener manner.
- Act as a maritime IoT specialist in front of our major customers’ experts, and be technically agile to turn their expectations into proof-of-concepts and commercial propositions.
- Translate new ideas/service concepts into compelling, profitable, and differentiating commercial value propositions (scope, benefits/values for clients, USPs, competitive benchmark, targeted pricing, go-to-market strategy, etc.).
- Study possibility to extend our IoT service offering in cooperation with market actors, around data analytics, operational performance, regulatory compliance (IMO), and decision awareness.
- Acquire product, process, and market knowledge about the company and the maritime industry.
- Launch service improvement and/or commercial initiatives to sustain service growth.
- Act as co-creation leader together with our key customers to discover, test, learn, and iterate MVPs.
- Support sales forces during qualification and on-boarding of the customer projects.
- Set up project teams across departments, coordinate and animate a network of internal supporters contributing to the customers’ projects realisation (engineering, IT, service delivery, field engineering, customer support, etc.).
- Understand technical, commercial, and operational challenges within our company and our clients, and highlight required evolutions and process transformations.
- Communicate effectively and regularly on roadmap / progress, issues & challenges with a solution-driven approach to overcome them.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and product profitability.
🙂 Your Profile:
You are passionate about innovation, new IoT technologies, telecommunication, cyber security, maritime environment and you do tick all the following criterias:
- University master or similar degrees, preferably in Engineering or Business Management
- At least 5 years’ experience in product management, ideally in an IoT products/ services close to our sector; such as, maritime, aeronautic.
- An understanding of maritime industry challenges & digital transformation is a plus.
- You are a native or bilingual English speaker, French is a plus.
- Proven working experience in an international environment and transnational organisations.
- Very good MS office tools skills, in particular PowerPoint, Excel & Visio.
- Naturally business oriented, you have developed collaborative working skills whilst managing cross-departmental projects with engineers, customer’ support, IT and others.
- You are a team player, self-starter, trustful and reliable.
- You are known for your communications’ skills, your initiatives, your leadership and organisational skills.
- Your taste for new technology and business administration will help you act as a pre-sales rep to ensure perfect adequation of our services/products with the needs of our clients/industry actors.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and problem-solving abilities, result-focused with the ability to work under strong pressure.
- Also, autonomy, open mindedness and curiosity will help you drive, create and continuously improve agile processes.
- Willingness & readiness to travel in relation to work activities, mainly in Europe & Asia (30% internal, 60% on client’ site, events or exhibitions).
❓ Excellent reasons to join us:
- Help contribute to a global leader’s growth within a smaller entity, ‘startup atmosphere’.
- Be part of a ‘tech’ oriented culture, cutting edge technology within Data Management.
- Take advantage of a working environment’s means that are adapted to our ever evolving technology ambition.
- The opportunity to embed your signature within the culture and values of a group that is barely hierarchic and shows great open mindedness.
- The freedom to express yourself freely within your scope of responsibilities and grow with us.
- Hybrid working style combining both remote and on-site working.
- Financially attractive package with numerous advantages.
- Regular social events.
- Warm atmosphere, employees with proximity who like to socialise at the company bar.