Data Futurist / Digital Innovation (M/F) – Poste Pourvu
L’Atelier BNP Paribas is a foresight subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group. Our role is to investigate and identify new and emerging technology-related market opportunities and challenges through research, analysis, and exploratory fiction. Our primary focus is on research and analysis within virtual and digital domains. Our interdisciplinary team is based in Paris and ready to welcome his/her new Data Futurist.
Within our team, your objective is to use data to generate insights. For that you will turn our research objectives into analytical models, analyse data and generate actionable insight. You will apply scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract knowledge and insights from datasets related to technology, socio-cultural and investment trends.
Your key responsibilities:
- Understand our research goals to formulate an approach to data analysis and model creation that will support its analysis and decision making
- Identify data sources, build datasets and perform hands-on data analysis from structured and unstructured data
- Apply sophisticated techniques to extract actionable knowledge and insight from data. It’s not about data. It’s about insight.
- Conceptualise the most effective ways to communicate and visualise the data and insights
- Select the tools and techniques that will best handle the data for our specific goals, timeframe and architecture
- Work with our team of researchers and analysts, and/or external vendors to validate model(s) and occasionally build/prototype model(s) or data intelligence tools
- Mentor other team members on methods and tools used and developed
You don’t necessarily have a traditional academic background, but ideally a hybrid education and experience in areas such as computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics and / or social science.
As a Data Futurist, your role is dynamic and requires a variety of competencies:
- 8+ years of experience with quantitative analysis
- Proficiency with Excel, Tableau, relational databases and SQL
- Experience using a range of statistical/data analysis tools. Ability to transfer that knowledge to different tools
- Experience with matrices, distributions and probability
- Experience with building statistical and/or predictive/other models via statistical analysis and other predictive modeling techniques
- Passion for generating insights from data – often characterised by high volume or high dimensionality from multiple sources
- Keen ability to gather and analyse multiple data points and whittle them down to the most salient points
- Ability to communicate complex models, analysis or ideas in a clear and precise manner
- Excellent ability to identify the practical applications and implications of your insights
- Evidence of traditional and non-traditional education, ideally a hybrid of relevant fields like computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics and social science
- Strong Interest in emerging technology, virtual domains and market intelligence
- Comfortable working on both well-defined and open-ended problems
- Passion for building solutions with code. Experience in building innovative and valuable technology is highly beneficial
- Familiarity with at least one scripting language would be highly beneficial
- Experience in data visualisation, and supervised or unsupervised machine learning, is a plus
- Insightful, organized and proactive, you have an additive and distinctive personality and a strong team spirit
- Fluency in English and ideally French. Additional languages are a plus.
Why joining us?
L’Atelier provides an inclusive and flexible environment, where people are encouraged to work together towards an ambitious goal in an environment where they can successfully express themselves. Our goal is to ensure that L’Atelier provides an open environment, where all people feel they are equally valued and respected, whether they are working for the company or applying for a role. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds, identities, ages and expressions to apply.